Monday, January 19, 2009

A Most Bizarre Encounter with a Peacock

Once upon a time, I rode on a peacock, who took me on a journey into an unknown kingdom. I asked this peacock, “Where am I going? And when will my journey end?”

The peacock replied, “When this journey ends, you will know.”

I couldn’t understand what the peacock was trying to say, or where he was taking me. But nevertheless, I had nowhere else to go. So I rode on. A little while further, I asked,” I’m hungry. What will I eat? And when?” to which the peacock replied,” If you will wait, your food will come.” But my food never came. And I was no longer hungry. My mind had wandered somewhere else. We came upon a wall, and I climbed on the peacock’s back and stepped onto the edge of the wall. 

“Bye, Mr. Peacock.”

He turned away and never came back.

I woke up cold and hungry, by the pier below a wide open sky, surrounded by seagulls.

No comments: